Everything You Need to Know About Pre bonded Hair
If you want to install some extensions, deciding which ones to choose can be overwhelming. There are many different application methods, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. In this blog, I'll introduce one of my favorite types of hair extensions - pre-bonded extensions, and I'll explain the pros and cons of using these extensions to help you decide if they're right for you.
What are Pre Bonded Hair Extensions?
Pre-bonded hair extensions are attached to the hair by using a heat gun. The adhesive is made from keratin, a safe natural adhesive that won't cause any damage to your hair. Make sure you buy hair extensions from a trusted retailer, as inferior hair extensions are made of adhesive and are harder to remove without damaging your hair. Pre-bonded hair extensions are one of the most popular types of hair extensions that have survived despite the introduction of newer hair extensions such as micro loop extensions,I-tip hair ,U-tip hair,flat tip hair and nano ring hair.
nano ring hair I-tip hair U- tip hair flat tip hair micro loop hair
The term pre bonded derives from the keratin bond at the end of the strand of hair. Pre bonded extensions are also commonly referred to as u tip or nail tip extensions, these are exactly the same thing. The “u” in utip refers to the “u” shape of the keratin, which also looks like a nail. Stick tip hair extensions are also a type of pre bonded extension.
Advantages of Pre Bonded Hair Extensions
- Strands mean you can easily add a mix of colours to add highlights
- They last for a number of months, so they provide a good value for money. You can go for up to 6 months without replacing them.
- Does not require regular maintenance
- Available made from 100% human hair.
- Usually available at a cheaper price per strand than other types of hair extension.
- If your hair extensions are still in good condition by the time your hair has grown on, you can use your extensions about. Before you can do this, you will need your stands to be rebonded by a specialist.
Disadvantages of Pre Bonded Hair Extensions
- If hair gets pulled out the strand it is removed permanently.
- Application required specialist equipment as the bonding agent needs heat to fuse.
- Removal of the extensions require a specialist removal solution to break down the bonding agent, you are best seeing a professional hairdresser to remove them and avoid damaging your hair.
- Oil products should not be used on the bonds as if could break down the keratin and loosen the bond.
- Where the bond is, your hair won’t be as soft as natural hair.
1.How long does the hair extension last?
Keratin bonded extensions last the longest in the hair and are favoured by celebrities for their longevity and discretion. The average recommended wear is 3 months (approximately 12 weeks)But virgin pre bonded can last 6-12 months.
2.How many grams are enough？
You can use only 1 bundle of 50 grams to add volume. Thin hair needs 2 bundles of 50 grams for a full headset. Normal hair thickness needs 2 to 3 bundles of 50 grams for a full headset. Thick hair 3 a 5 bundles of 50 grams for a full head et.
Hopefully this gives you all the information you need to decide whether these are the right hair extension for your needs. I’ve had a good experience using them in the past and I think they’re great value for money. What do you think? Feel free to leave a comment below on your favorite type of hair extension!